Friday, May 29, 2020 - 00:00
The University of Iceland is advertising grants to support academic staff in public outreach based on their research and specialist knowledge. The goal is to provide temporarily increased flexibility and support for those who make an effort to share their research with the general public or use it in the public interest. This support involves recognition of:
- the fact that engagement and collaboration with people in wider society is an important part of University operations and that
- it is important to give staff scope to do such work in connection with their research and knowledge transfer.
This applies to academic staff in full-time positions with research duties at all five of the University's schools. Each grant may be a sum between ISK 0.5 and 1.5 million.
Further information on the grants and the application form can be found on the websites below:
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Humanities
- School of Education
- School of Engineering and Natural Sciences
The application deadline this year is 29 May 2020.
Grant allocations will be announced on 19 June 2020.